Contact information for Lazarus Caucus
1005 Frederick Road
Catonsville, MD 21228
email@example.com or call 410-707-3433 (24 hours)
Birthday Bash and Jam Night – Thursday October 9th
– Come out and join the birthday party!
Harvest Gala – Friday October 17th – Rolling Road Golf Club
Birthday Bash and Jam Night – Thursday April 3rd
– Come out and join the birthday party hosted by St. John’s United Church of Christ on Thursday April 3rd, plan to arrive around 6:15. Jam to follow…bring your instruments, shakers, spoons and jam!
– Car Wash Saturday April 5th 9:00 to 3:00 !!!
The Shelter is planning their Spring Car Wash. April 5th from 9:00 to 3:00 Emanuel United Methodist Church, 6517 Frederick Road Catonsville. The requested donation is $10:00 (car wash supplies are going up) This is a FULL SERVICE CAR WASH COMPLETE WITH HAND WASH, TOWEL DRY, VACUUM INTERIOR! The weather calls for sunshine! Come on over and tell your friends!!!
Service of Holy Communion at the Shelter
– On Wednesday April 16th at 7:00 pm Reverend Janet Becker of Emanuel United Methodist Church and Trinity United Methodist Church will offer Holy Communion to the shelter guests. Reverend Becker says, “As a United Methodist, we affirm that the Communion Table is not our table but the Lord’s Table. You do not have to be a United Methodist, to celebrate Holy Communion with us. We believe ‘Christ our Lord invites to his table all who love him, who earnestly repent of their sin and seek to live in peace with one another.” Please join us in fellowship for this very special event.
Dollars for Dentures$$
– We are seeking dollars to help pay for dentures for one of our shelter guests. Please send your donation to:
Dollars for Dentures
Thank You Troop 20875!
– We wanted to take this chance to thank Girl Scout Troop 20875 of Shrewsbury PA who came together and packed a birthday box for our shelter guests. Included were fixins’ for cupcakes and cards! Thank you!
Parking at the Shelter
– Many thanks to Delegate Jimmy Malone for following up with State Police at Spring Grove. He told the police that the work that Lazarus volunteers did was vital to the shelter and their guests. He also shared that many times Lazarus volunteers needed to unload and needed to park as close as possible.
Sergeant Matt Bloom, Maryland State Police, gave us the following instructions for parking at the shelter. “When you visit or make deliveries to the shelter DO NOT PARK ON THE CURVE OR APRON OF THE SHELTER DRIVEWAY. YOU WILL BE TICKETED. DO NOT PARK IN THE ROADWAY ACROSS THE STREET.” You may park inside the brick walls or just outside the walls at the curb. If unloading, please pull in and put your flashers on. You will not be ticketed while you are unloading.
Many thanks to all parties for their help in this matter. If you are planning to visit the shelter for an extended period of time please part on the side roads adjacent to the shelter building.
– Maryland connects you to health and human service resources in your community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 180 languages.
Pantry Needs:Ensure Needed ASAP!!!
– Please bring Ensure to 55 Wade Avenue and deliver it to the Shelter Supervisor in the office. Thanks!
– The guests at the shelter plant a garden each year. We need 2 dump trucks of good top soil, someone to till it and plants – although not quite yet. Please consider being a shelter garden groupie – this is a person that works along side the guys and just encourages them along. A very satisfying job.
Please Invite Lazarus
– Spring is the time for flea markets, car washes, fun fairs, open houses. Lazarus would love to be there with a table telling people who we are and what we do! Call us with the date of your event. 410-7073433
– Shelter guests often leave the shelter with little or no furniture for their new home. We get many calls offering to donate furniture but have limited storage. Thank you for keeping us in mind and keep checking in as we have guys moving out on a weekly basis.
Learn More about Lazarus
– We want to come talk to your group! Mission Committees – Youth Groups – Social Justice Committees – Congregations – Business Groups – Chamber of Commerce – Rotary Clubs – PTA’s – School Club – Your group or organization may wish to hear more about how Lazarus Caucus serves the needs of the homeless community.
– Lazarus is searching out sources for grants. Please keep your eyes open for any grant opportunities that help serve our homeless community. All we need is a lead and we can follow up. Many places of employment, local stores, chains, energy companies etc. offer this funding help. Thanks for being our eyes and ears!
Shelter Help Wanted!
– The shelter is in need of a weekend cook. 10:00 am-8:00 pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Interested persons must pass background check. They are also looking for a Resident Advocate. Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. This person helps with resident needs and helps with overall supervision. Call 410-285-4674 Ex. 204
Here is what your donation to Lazarus does:
Lazarus Caucus volunteers support a Resource Room which is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday
starting at 8:30 am. A shelter guest may sign-up for a meeting time and during these one-on-one sessions
Lazarus volunteers help residents obtain identification cards, prescriptions, move-out support, specialized
medical attention, help fill out forms, applications and bus-tokens, tuition and book assistance.
If necessary, Lazarus helps with the costs associated with submission of identification applications and
birth certificate applications. Any special needs are handled as well.
Lazarus also coordinates a 12-month Shelter Meal Calendar. This involves engaging area churches,
individual supporters and organizations to provide prepared meals or quantities of ingredients that
would serve 130 men for 3 meals each day.
The Lazarus phone number, 410-707-3433, is covered 24/7 and handles inquiries ranging from
emergency housing issues to requests for forms for Birth Certificates, direction to help-sources for
utility bills, eviction questions and other related issues.
On the first Thursday of each month Lazarus hosts a Birthday Bash Celebration. This is a time of
fellowship with the men celebrating birthdays in the month. Each birthday guy gets a small tote
filled with personal hygiene items.
The Lazarus Caucus Clothing Closet helps shelter guests with shoes, coats and clothing as they need it. Additionally, Lazarus volunteers help provide transitioning guests with furniture and household items.
Here is how you can help!
Make a donation.
Any additional donations may be dropped off at the shelter any time.
Again…Thank you for the support that you provide to the guests of the West Side Shelter.