Lazarus Caucus, Inc. is a faith-based, non-profit organization created to assist the homeless and formerly homeless in becoming employed, self-sufficient, and permanent residents of Baltimore County. Lazarus’ purpose is to provide assistance to the Westside Shelter residents through a variety of programs that include, food, clothing, and a resource center.
Lazarus volunteers make a personal connection with each shelter guest, helping to assess their needs and exploring strategies that will guide them toward independence. Since July 2015, Lazarus has resolved 3,998 actual requests for clothing, transportation/bus tokens, identification documentation, and special medical requests. Lazarus also organizes monthly birthday bashes for the shelter guests.
If you, or your organization is not presently participating in the Caucus, we hope that you will consider sending a representative to monthly meetings. The Lazarus Caucus meets on the fourth Monday of every month (excluding December) at 7 p.m. at Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church in Catonsville. Participating churches collect food, new underwear and socks, cold weather gear, such as hats, scarves, and gloves, and host periodic birthday bashes for the shelter guests.
If you would like more information about ways that your church/parrishcan participate, please contact Executive Director Andrea Ratajczak. Andrea is available by phone, 410-707-3433, or email, email@example.com.
Accomplishments of Lazarus Caucus:
- Established a permanent site for a Westside Cold Weather Shelter to be open year-round.
- Established a Resource Center to provide resume writing, interviewing skills, job search skills, financial literacy and computer skills training.
- Educated the Community about the complex issues that cause homelessness and the work required to eradicate homelessness.
- Provided support for an organic gardening program at the shelter with the goal of providing food for the residents and food to be sold at the local farmer’s market.
- Coordinates churches, organizations and volunteers which provide food and meal donations for 110 men 365-days a year.
- Fulfill basic support needs of clothing, prescriptions, move-out-kits and assistance in moving.
Lazarus Caucus Officers:
Pat Krenzke, President — E-mail Ms. Krenzke
Jim Troy, Vice President
Sue Medicus, Treasurer
Chuck Newton, Secretary
Board of Directors:
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lazarus Meeting Schedule
2017 Meeting Dates
Meeting Location: Salem Lutheran Church
905 Frederick Road, Catonsville 21228
2017 meetings will be the 4th Monday of each month