Lazarus Caucus, Inc. is a faith-based, non-profit organization created to assist the homeless and formerly homeless in becoming employed and self-sufficient. During this unprecedented time of Covid-19 our efforts have focused on satisfying emergency requests for guests housed at the Westside Shelter and in hotels.
Historically, Lazarus volunteers have delivered a personal connection with shelter guests, helping them to assess their needs and explore strategies that guide them toward independence however, due to the Baltimore County mandated closure of the shelter during the pandemic, requests are being communicated through shelter staff to Lazarus. These requests include transportation/bus tokens, identification documentation, and special medical requests.
If you, or your organization is not presently participating in Lazarus Caucus, we hope that you will consider having a representative join our monthly meetings. The Lazarus Caucus meets on the second Monday of every month (excluding December) at 7 p.m. Meetings are delivered via a Zoom link.
If you would like more information about ways that your church/parrishcan participate, please contact Executive Director Andrea Ratajczak. Andrea is available by phone, 410-707-3433, or email, email@example.com.
Accomplishments of Lazarus Caucus:
- Established a permanent site for a Westside Cold Weather Shelter to be open year-round.
- Established a Resource Center to provide resume writing, interviewing skills, job search skills, financial literacy and computer skills training.
- Educated the Community about the complex issues that cause homelessness and the work required to eradicate homelessness.
- Provided support for an organic gardening program at the shelter with the goal of providing food for the residents and food to be sold at the local farmer’s market.
- Coordinates churches, organizations and volunteers which provide food and meal donations for 110 men 365-days a year.
- Fulfill basic support needs of clothing, prescriptions, move-out-kits and assistance in moving.
Lazarus Caucus Officers:
Luke Browning, President
Leslie Kruger, Vice President
Jim Troy, Treasurer
Chuck Newton, Treasurer
Board of Directors:
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lazarus Meeting Schedule
Meeting Location: Salem Lutheran Church
905 Frederick Road, Catonsville 21228
2nd Monday of each month at 7:00 pm